What is Professional Service Automation?
Late nights spent on the jigsaw puzzle of employee scheduling, hours adding up invoices, the headache of working out project revenues—many billable business owners consider these annoyances to be necessary evils. What if you didn’t have to handle them by hand (or even a clunky spreadsheet)? At SCS, our specialists can help you integrate and automate these processes with the cloud so you can run your company better. If you’re bogged down with daily business hassles, you most likely need Professional Services Automation, or PSA. Read on to learn more about PSA and find out how the SCS Cloud team can help you utilize it to make the most of your resources.
A Public Service Announcement on PSA
Professional Services Automation is exactly what it sounds like: a set of software programs that digitally manages and optimizes your day-to-day operations. In her definition of this term on Search IT Channel, Margaret Rouse describes PSA as “a type of software application suite that provides a service business with the functionality it needs to manage core business processes.” PSAs “typically incorporate business applications such as quote management, billing, and invoice tracking into one interface.” This makes it much easier for business owners and managers to access, analyze, and apply key data about their companies.
PSAs have been around for some time, but they’re continuing to expand, especially since cloud computing (saving and retrieving data using the Internet) has become a crucial component of modern business. In his Diginomica article “How is professional services automation evolving? Part 1,” Brian Sommer explains the direction modern PSAs are taking: “attracting new business is essential to the survival and growth of service firms yet many struggle with this given the frequent feast/famine cycles some firms experience…integration between PSA and financial accounting software is an important capability.”
One key aspect of PSAs is their versatility and interoperability—specialists like ours at SCS Cloud can help you integrate various programs and customize your systems to work well for you. After all, the more you can automate and streamline, the better! If you’re finding that QuickBooks simply won’t cut it for your business anymore, switching to a PSA platform like NetSuite OpenAir may be the best solution for you.
What is NetSuite OpenAir?
For high-quality, personalized PSA, our specialists typically utilize NetSuite OpenAir. This industry-leading package of programs scores high marks with our consultants and clients. NetSuite OpenAir combines project management, resource management, project accounting, timesheet management, expense management, and professional services dashboards to make your daily operations more intelligent and intuitive. To top it off, this software suite includes and innovative reporting system so you can see how well it’s working and measure the results you’re producing in every facet of your enterprise. With NetSuite OpenAir, you can do everything from tracking projects’ profits to creating customized timesheets to zooming out and visualizing a whole project as a chart.
Our experts love designing solutions for our clients with NetSuite OpenAir, but you don’t have to take our word for the power of this software. Check out the following statistics to understand NetSuite OpenAir by the numbers:
• Businesses that use this software have 10 percent higher “annual revenue per employee,” according to a 2014 report.
• It’s the most popular PSA in the world “for Services companies with 1,500+ customers worldwide.”
• NetSuite OpenAir users had 5.6 percent higher “percent billable employees,” 4.3 percent increased “billable utilization,” and 9.8 percent better “annual revenue per billable consultant.”
• This cloud-based PSA is dependable. According to the latest status report, NetSuite OpenAir had “178,710,510,258 application requests”—yes, that’s 178 billion individual user actions—in 24 hours, and a 99.99 percent “average uptime,” with virtually no glitches. A 2015 report explains how: “NetSuite OpenAir has designed its systems to accommodate surges and spikes in usage, and to scale upward smoothly to address increased volume and transactions.”
Plus, the SCS Cloud specialists know this advanced software inside and out, so we can help you enjoy everything NetSuite OpenAir has to offer as a PSA.
Advantages of PSA
Our consultants are delighted to help our clients discover the many benefits of PSAs. These advantages include:
• Saved time (and, thus, money). Since you’ll no longer have to worry about aligning the complex cogs of your business’s operations, you’ll have more free time to expand your enterprise.
• Increased profitability. PSAs can help you spot (and take) opportunities for raising revenues and cutting costs that you might have otherwise missed.
• Safer file storage. Your data and applications will be housed in the cloud, securely backed up on remote servers. This means you won’t need to fill your office with outdated hard drives or worry about what might happen to your vital information if your office suffers a fire or flood.
• More convenient project management. You can access your PSA system from anywhere on any device, making it easier to check in with your company when you’re on the go.
• Enhanced integration with other programs. For example, PSAs often go hand in hand with CRMs (Customer Relationship Management) systems.
Automate Your Operations Today
If you’re ready to bring your business into the twenty-first century and experience everything PSA has to offer, SCS Cloud can help you. Contact our team of specialists today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about PSA.